I'm Pro-Choice. Here's why.


I have been on birth control most of my life. I have been given the pill, the shot, Nuva ring, and now I have an implant. I have rarely if ever had my own health insurance. Medicaid paid for 80% of my prescriptions. Now with mandated Obamacare, I have a hard time imagining women not having access to birth control via a provider. 

Texas recently defunded Planned Parenthood. Texas also, allegedly, experienced a spike in birth rates. People are blaming Texan politicians and the "lack of access to birth control and/or abortions for low-income women."

Seriously?? If you can't afford babies, then don't make babies, i.e. stop having unprotected sex! If you can't get your birth control from Planned Parenthood, go see a OB/GYN! Medicaid will pay for it (see my first paragraph)! Get a prescription! Medicaid will pay for it! Don't blame your lack of birth control on Planned Parenthood's lack of state tax money. 

Still can't afford birth control? ...can you afford condoms? Usually they are free at a health department. Still no? Don't have sex! Birth control is way cheaper than raising a kid or even getting an abortion. Take responsibility for your sexual behaviors. Don't rely on men to provide condoms. Buy your own or use something else. Not sure how to use other non-condom barrier methods? GO READ A BOOK AND GET EDUCATED.

I'm pro-choice. I believe that I, a woman, have choices when it comes to birth control. I choose when and how I have sex. I choose to look at my bank account prior to popping out babies! I don't believe it's the tax payer's choice to fund my abortion nor my child that I couldn't afford in the first place! I choose to be educated about my reproductive health and accept responsibility for my adult decisions.
I don't need Jesus to tell me children are miracles. I have met those people waiting for children to adopt, fostering other people's children, and fundraising to bring their adoptee home. If I did need Jesus' instruction, He would tell me to read about Hannah, 1 Samuel Chapter 1. If any woman will break your heart about children, Hannah is the one.

Comments

Popular Posts